lovealways morganbrittani

lovealways morganbrittani

Monday, June 8, 2015

I ❤ the east coast: The Road-Trip Experience


    When I decided to travel up and down the east coast, I was extremely excited. Excited to really experience great cities and see even more great people.




“So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God.” Ecclesiastes 2:24

Dope Museum #1 : New York
Black Lake: Björk. This film was at the MoMa (which I visited while in New York). It really started off with a woman in a cave. A cave filled with darkness. However, she was crying out about her feelings and wanted to break free. There were two screens playing back and forth and we had to look at both. Really reinforcing the feeling of fear and confusion. As the movie went on we then saw her leave the darkness and come to light and begin to fly. Which is similar to the way we fly when we truly become ourselves. I loved this so much. It was truly beautiful to see someone else interpretation of what is beautiful and what is sublime in their eyes. I really encourage all in New York to visit the MoMa. It's definitely worth the money. Strange Fruit. At the museum, I also was able to see something else. This woman singing the poem "Strange Fruit" her voice portrayed a humble cry for those losing their lives for being a "Strange Fruit" it was truly beautiful to me.

Overall, the MoMa was amazing. I LOVE NY.

 

Good Eats #1 : Virginia Beach, VA
When in Virginia I really enjoyed myself I hit up this restaurant called "Citrus." This restaurant had a cute twist. Known for their tasty morning "citrus" drinks that is not all they have that is POPPIN'. They also have amazing food. I ordered the "Spanish" Omelette. It included some doughy toast, an omelette of course and some hash browns. Now I'm a southern girl so the hash browns didn't really get me. BUT THAT OMELETTE, magnificent. If you are ever in this area please stop by and get your "Citrus" fix in. 

Can still taste this meal


Good Eats #2 : Manhattan, NY
I ate my first "Lobster Roll" , "Crab Roll" and "Shrimp Roll." I'm not huge on seafood but it was amazing! My body was impressed!! Too good. I also ate a crepe and it was BOMB. Best crepe of my life. Where did I get all this food? In the plaza. Not just any plaza. "The Plaza" from "Eloise and The Plaza" which growing up was my favorite show/movie! It was amazing to even see the store with her couture. One day when I have a daughter I have to take her to see this amazing spot! The Plaza was lit! As well as Hell's Kitchen. Hell's Kitchen had SO MUCH FOOD. I was really digging it. I love food and I really LOVE New York. 

When I was on that "SeaFood Diet"



Good Eats #3 : Philadelphia, PA
Well I used to attend school in center city so I know a thing or two when it comes to good food. Philadelphia ALWAYS amazes me when it comes to their brunch menu. The Green Egg Cafe has always been my favorite. Every time I get something from there it never seems to let me down. Good food excites me and this food is clearly the best. The "Crème Brûlée French Toast" gets me every single time. Mixed with berries it truly is enchanting. As if that food wasn't enough, I got hungry again. So my BFF and I went to Sumo Sushi, I got my usual "Sweet Potato Roll" it was so perfect! Definitely missed that sushi spot.



Green Egg Cafe



Sumo Sushi (Sweet Potato Roll)
Good Eats #4 : Richmond, VA
The first night in Richmond I went Mama J's to eat dinner. I was excited from the start because it was a SOUL FOOD RESTAURANT and I grew up in Georgia (call me a southern girl). I got my usual Fried Chicken, Yams, and Collard Greens. I was delighted to see this restaurant has won quite a few awards. Then even more blessed to see such a unique set up in a good location. To top it all off the food was amazing and came with some yummy cornbread!! I hope to visit Richmond again and definitely sat at this amazing place.





Reunited : Nia And Morgan Take Philly

    When I moved to Philadelphia for school I was very afraid that I would not be able to make any friends. I thought that even though I was sociable people may not have liked me. Although, I was not able to see all of my friends while traveling. I got to see NiNi. I love her so much when I was in Philadelphia she did nothing but love, catch up and encourage me. I truly missed her and am so blessed to have her apart of my road trip experience. 





Treat YoSelf #1 : Philadelphia, PA
When in Philadelphia I had to visit my ORIGINAL nail lady. She always keeps my nails up to par. I completely missed her doing my nails. It's hard to find a good and reliable place to get your nails done. CoCo Blue Nail & Spa succeeds when it comes to getting good quality treatment to just release all of your stresses. This place is filled with God loving and sweet people!! This was definitely a highlight to my Philly trip.

Fun Facts: More about Morgan-Brittani’s Trip

1. When in Philly I walked the most. Probably because I was most familiar with that city. I walked over 5 miles when in the city.

My Uncle (Dad's Brother) died in the Vietnam war so his name is on the memorial wall.

3. I have a lot of friends that live up and down the east coast I found out.
Attended the "Broad Appetite Food Festival" and got to have a King of Pop Popsicle they are my favorite.

4. My grandma can still cook very well. Shoutout to her.




I love my life and God really has created a beautiful world.

*A lot of people have been to other countries but this summer I really challenge you to get to know the “Wonders of America.” I’m so blessed to live in such a beautiful country.*

This trip has given me A LOT of clarity on what I am suppose to do next. I’m super excited to share everything with you all soon.

xoxo,



Morgan-Brittani


P.S. ENJOY LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment